Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Garage sale before and long, long after




I spotted this little gem during my routine Friday morning garage sale rounds. I had no idea what it's unique design was meant for but fell in love with it anyway. Since then I've learned it's a telephone bench from back when telephones didn't fit in our pockets.

Confession time: sadly, my new telephone bench sat untouched in the corner for a long time. Almost two years. Part of the problem was I couldn't decide what to do. Bold paint or neutral? Patterned upholstery or solid? High gloss modern or something to match the period? So many choices and I wanted to try them all.

Eventually I settled on simple and bold. Here's the finished piece - finally. I'm sooo happy with how it turned out. I hope it inspires you to finish something that's been sitting in your corner too long.

abi




No comments:

Post a Comment